Today, mobile devices have gone far from what they were initially meant to do – to make calls. Mobile devices can now be used to surf the web, make your life more organized and productive, and basically just make everything easier. This includes allowing you to store and share files.
Of course, when it comes to mobile backup, the number of risks are just as plenty. This is why you should put importance on laying down the same stringent measures that you have on your overall file backup solutions on your mobile backup practices.
How do you backup your mobile online?
For Apple Devices
If you are using an Apple device, you have two main options – iCloud and iTunes.
In backing up your files through iCloud, you just have to:
1. Make sure you’re connected.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Choose iCloud.
4. Login using your Apple ID and password.
5. Accept the terms and merge the device with iCloud.
6. Choose the thing you would like to back up by toggling the switches on or off.
7. Scroll to the bottom and select backup.
If you’re doing it through iTunes, here are the steps:
1. Connect your device to your computer.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Wait for the sync to complete.
4. If backing up content you downloaded: go to Files, then choose Devices. Click on Transfer Purchases.
5. If backing up all files: go to files, select devices, then click on Back Up.
For Android Devices
If you’re an Android user, you can back up your files through this process:
1. Go to settings.
2. Choose Accounts and Sync.
3. If your Gmail account is not yet listed, select Add Account and sign in using your Google Account username and password.
4. Put a check beside the details you want to back up (contacts, calendar, Google Photos, etc.).
5. Click on Sync Now.
Mobile backup can be a pretty seamless process no matter what device you use. Aside from the steps above, you can also download third party apps meant for online backup. Just make sure that you’re backing up your files as regularly as possible, and you can have peace of mind knowing all your mobile files are secure.